The AGM for the club is to be held on the 3rd of October 2017, 7pm at the Burnside Clubrooms, Burnside Park, 336 Avonhead Road. Also in this update:
- AGM Agenda
- Working Bee – This coming Saturday 23rd September 9am – 2pm
- Junior Registration Update
- Premiers Pre-season Training
- Christchurch Metropolitan Cricket – Female Cricket Evening
- CricHQ Update
To be held in Club Pavilion, Burnside Oval, 336 Avonhead Road
7.00pm on Tuesday 3rd October 2017
- Confirmation of minutes of 2016 AGM
- Adoption of Annual Report and Annual Accounts
- Election of Officers
- Nomination of J.Cross for Life Membership
- General Business
Members, Life Members, Honorary Members, Sponsors, and new members are warmly invited to attend
Apologies to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Saturday 23rd September from 9am – 2pm the club will be having a working to prepare for the new season. A BBQ and and refreshments will be available as well.
If you are able to come down and lend a hand it would be appreciated – we are hoping to do a some painting, waterblasting, gardening, and organising the changing sheds and gear room. Click here for the facebook event link
Junior Registration Update
There are two more Saturday’s for Junior Registrations, so if you are returning from last year or new to club and want to play either Saturday Morning or Friday evening cricket please register!
You can now register and pay online on the CricHQ website or for more information please follow this link to our Registrations 2017/18 page.
Registration days 23rd and 30th of September – 10am to Midday.
Thanks to all the helpers who have helped during registrations day’s, as soon as all the teams and players are allocated we will be in touch with all the players.
Junior Premier Year 7 & 8 Trials
We have a number of Year 8’s who the last Term 4 will be their last appearance for Junior Cricket and we will be holding a trial for places in the Premier Year 8 team which will assist the club in also determining which grade to enter the sides. This will also include the opportunity for some Year 7’s to be included in this team (depending on final numbers).
A trial will be held at Burnside Park – Artificial Practice nets, Wednesday the 27th of September at 4.30pm.
The Grade will be organised by Peter Smith with some selection help. Please contact the club by email if wish to be included in the trial, but are not able to make it. (all last years registered Year 6,7 will be notified by email)
Premiers Pre-season Training
This weeks is the 5th week of pre-season training for the team who in the past few weeks have been doing some fitness and skills work. Including some fitness sessions with trainers at 9 Round Kickbox Fitness which we are seeing a great turnout and impressive work ethic.
The team heads into indoor nets from this week as well.
CMC – Females Cricket Evening
Christchurch Metro Cricket are hosting a Female Cricket evening to help Mum’s, Aunties, Sisters and daughters who have an interest in cricket to provide a lot more information and help on how to get involved in the game.
This will be held at Sydenham Park on the 25th of September 6-7.30pm and you can register contacting Maria Fahey by email email@example.com
This is the first season that BWCUCC has used the online registration process, and it’s also the first time NZ Cricket and required Mandatory fields to be required, in addition to this CricHQ are also rolling out improvements as they are getting feedback, so we are coming across the odd issue but here is what you need to know:
- If you registered using a form, the club will have complete the information on CricHQ – but you will be receiving an email to ‘claim your player profile’. We know that when this happens you also need to create a free ‘fan pass’ profile first.
- Secondly, if you are a Guardian (your children are U14) and have a playing profile, there are reports of issues when you claim your childs profile.
- There is NO school year in the registration form (they are working on this) and its causes some problems for us at our end, so please put school year in the comments field. You can also add in the comments field if you want to play with friends etc. and we will do our best to accommodate this.
- Everybody who is playing cricket needs to register, so if you are Adult Grade captain make sure you have some spare forms to complete for you players.
- Please email the club if you have any issues.