This week on a balmy Saturday we saw all teams back in action excluding the Diamond Traders who won by default. Adam Flynn (Broncos) lead the way this week taking a 5-wicket bag which was enough for 130 points. Flanking him on either side of the podium are the Hay brothers Mitch (129 points) and Matt (106 points).
Weekly Top Performers – Players
- Carl Huyser (Premiership, $5.1m, 51% ownership) – 63 points
- Harsh Visavadiya (Premiership, $5.0m, 22%) – 61 points
- JJ Naude (Premiership, $4.0m, 17%) – 61 points
- Nicola Clayton (NWWC, $2.9m, 7%) – 50 points
- Will Kennedy (Championship, $6.6m, 63%) – 47 points
A dominant week for our Premier side sees 3 Prems players topping the batting leaderboard. Player/Coach/Club Legend Carl led the way with 63 points thanks to a solid 43 with the bat and 2 catches. This moves Carl to 2nd in the batting standings and 17th overall on 255 points. Nipping at his heels is Harsh who has had a strong last couple of weeks along with JJ who is creeping up after missing several weeks to start the season. Despite being a listed as a batter, Nicola did her talking in the field with 2 wickets and a catch, which was enough to crack 50 points for the week. In 5th we have the evergreen Will, who really should be owned by every manager by now!
- Josh Peake (Championship. $4.2m, 37% ownership) – 47 points
- Harry Wilson (Championship, $5.0m, 0%) – 46 points
- Hugo Howard (Championship, $5.9m, 15%) – 45 points
- Jackson Latham (Premiership, $6.3m, 32%) – 33 points
- Sam Carlaw (Premiership, $5.8m, 29%) – 33 points
The Championship side headline what was a rather lean week for the bowlers. Josh led the way with a wicket and 22 not out, and he now has scored over 40 points in all 5 games he has played. A number of ring-ins were required this week across the club and one of those was Harry Wilson who made the most of his opportunity taking 3 for 14, just pipping Hugo by 1 point who had 3 for 16. Jackson and Sam round out the top 5; both picked up 2 wickets and both bowled a rare T20 maiden for 33 points a piece.
- Adam Flynn (Broncos, $4.1m, 2% ownership) – 130 points
- Matthew Hay (Premiership, $9.0m, 37%) – 106 points
- Jeet Singh (Lions, $5.0m, 17%) – 69 points
- Tim Bridgman (Lions, $3.9m, 10%) – 69 points
- James Guild-Inder (Lions, $6.3m, 12%) – 65 points
A couple of huge games from the all-rounders. Adam is the only Bronco to feature this week but his 5-for was enough to take out the overall club MVP. 4 wickets and 46 runs from Matt was also strong enough to bring up the ton and gain selection for Canterbury! Jeet and Tim scored in the thirties with 2 wickets each to net them both a very nice amount of points. James had his highest score of the season (35) along with 3 catches to round out the top 5.
- Mitchell Hay (Premiership, $7.3m, 34% ownership) – 129 points
- Isobel Sharp (NWWC, $4.8m, 5%) – 93 points
- Ben Laughton (Championship, $4.1m, 0%) – 71 points
- Joel Williams (Premiership, $4.4m, 20%) – 22 points
- Cambell Eathorne (Lions, $5.9m, 20%) – 15 points
Great week for Mitch with 84 runs, a catch and a stumping, also earning him selection for Canterbury on Friday. Isobel had her highest score of the season of 63 with the bat, she has been very consistent scoring at least 30 in 5 of her 6 innings to date. Ben had 3 stumpings(!) to go with his 26 runs, while the remaining keepers were kept pretty quiet this week.
Weekly Top Managers
- Dominance (Carl Huyser) – 752 points
Carl couldn’t have picked them much better this week having picked all 3 players who scored over 100 points, captaining one of them. He also is the only Manager with this week’s top point scorer (Adam Flynn). You don’t name your team Dominance for no reason.
2. Haybails Hustlers (Matt Hay) – 671 points
Keeping it in the family paid dividends for Matt this week, captaining Mitch Hay for a whopping 258 points.
3. Bussy’s Little Thai Girl (Alex Tait) – 558 points
Alex also captained Mitch Hay with a solid supporting cast, however also picked 3 non-starters.
4. Hundred Hoaxers (Robbie Renforth) – 506 points
Also picked Mitch Hay as captain, a common theme. All 11 started however a mixed bag of results from the rest of his team leaves Robbie in 4th for the week.
5. Heenz (Alex Heenan) – 493 points
Picked both Hay boys and captained Matt but also had a few low scores in there. Should probably drop Jordan Buchannan who is yet to play.
Overall Top Managers
- Cordyline Australis (Gareth Gibson) – 3999 points
- Booooots (Will Kennedy) – 3778 points
- Dominance (Carl Huyser) – 3676 points
- Flintstones (Flint Rogers) – 3649 points
- Mud Dogs (Luke Moore) – 3623 points
Players to Watch
- Adam Flynn (Broncos) $4.1m
Owned by just 1 manager, Adam now ranks 2nd in the allrounders and 7th overall. A 5-wicket haul takes his season total to 12 and being Captain I am certain he will bowl himself at the right times to pick up plenty more. If he starts scoring some runs too then look out.
2. Isobel Sharp (NWWC) $4.8m
As mentioned earlier, Isobel has been the model of consistency this season with scores of 22, 30, 35, 37, 38* and 63 (in that order) so is also trending in the right direction. Owned by just 5% of managers, Isobel ranks 3rd among keepers and 10th overall. Pick her up.