Week 3 of Fantasy has now been completed.
Did you pick the right players this week?
Who should you trade out next week?
When is using the wildcard transfer to transfer all 11 players an option?
Who knows, but the weekly breakdown is as follows.
The Top Performers – Players
- CHAMP Will Kennedy – 144 pts
- PREM Camden Hawkins – 100 pts
- FOX Steve McKean – 74 pts
- PREM Alex Heenan – 68
- DDT Oscar McCauley – 49 pts
This week’s hint in hindsight:
If you didn’t pick CHAMP Will Kennedy to continue in his fine form, you lost out big!
Easily the best performer over the 3 rounds thus far, he is joined by some top scores from PREM Camden Hawkins & FOX Steve McKean, helping give the batters their overall best week so far.
- FOX Hamish Kember – 61 pts
- DDT Luke Moore – 55 pts
- = PREM Jackson Latham – 50 pts
= LION Flynn Sinclair – 50 pts
- FOX Gareth Gibson – 45 pts
A tight grouping in the bowling scores, this week sees some new bowlers in the top 5 of points. FOX Hamish Kember is the clear stand out with 3 wickets, 2 maidens and only 4 runs off his spell, with a catch to top off his points for the week. He is closely followed by DDT’s Luke Moore, PREM’s Jackson Latham & LION’s Flynn Sinclair.
- FOX Adrian McFedries – 93 pts
- BRONX Jay Sran – 65 pts
- LION Louis Morris – 58 pts
- LION Jason McKenzie – 53 pts
- = PREM Matthew Hay – 52 pts
= LION Luke Pynenburg – 52 pts
Another FOX tops the All Rounders, with Adrian McFedries showcasing all he has to offer with 3 wickets, 15 n.o & a run out, to put himself at the top of the pecking order in week 3. BRONX registered their first win for the season with another strong performance from their All Rounder Jay Sran, followed by the usual LIONS picks of Jason McKenzie & Luke Pynenburg.
- LION Cambell Eathorne – 96 pts
- PREM Mitchell Hay – 81 pts
- DDT Nick Tinning – 69 pts
- NWWC Isobel Sharp – 45 pts
- PREM Joel Williams – 39 pts
A tragic day for LION’s Cambell Eathorne as he was left stranded on 56 n.o as his team fell around him with just 10 minutes before the end of play. Mitchell Hay puts up another fantastic performance with 61 runs & two catches, followed by a handy performance by DDT Nick Tinning. The best week for keepers so far, but catches are still sparse so picking the right keeper is a tough call.
The Weeks Top Performers – Managers
- Will Kennedy – 978 pts
- Will was certainly not lacking confidence coming into the weekend, backing himself to go large. He played triple points on himself, easily securing first place this week with 432 pts just from himself. But don’t let that fool you, the rest of his team is filled with strong performers this week, putting himself within arms reach of catching Gareth at the top.
- Flint Rogers, 765 pts
- 2nd for the 2nd week in a row, Flint’s team was only let down by two of his team’s poor scores for the week. Picking 6 of the top players for week 3, Flint is closing in on a top spot and some smart transfers could kick him up even higher in the rankings.
- Dave Robertson, 738 pts
- Following those above him in the rankings, Dave also played triple points on Will this week, netting a large portion of his points, but with some lower scores across the rest of his team, he only managed to net himself 3rd place for the week.
- James Guild-Inder, 700 pts
- Another stacked team from James, the only thing separating himself from a higher spot being no triple on Will Kennedy. With some smart transfers, James could see himself climbing the rankings in future weeks.
- Tim Scott, 653 pts
- What could have been a team higher up the ranking this week, was plagued by selection issues, with 2 of his team not playing. Despite this, a well selected other 9 players has helped Tim grab 5th place for the week and stay near the front of the pack.
The Leaderboard – Managers
Week 3 of the Fantasy has the overall scoreboard as follows:
- Gareth Gibson, 1,858 pts
- Will Kennedy, 1,838 pts
- Tim Scott, 1,657 pts
- Luke Moore, 1,558 pts
- Flint Rogers, 1,504 pts
- James Guild Inder, 1,496 pts
- Alex Tait, 1,460 pts
- Dave Robertson, 1,424 pts
- Tim Bridgeman, 1,386 pts
- Simon Cutler, 1,300 pts
Players to Watch:
Let’s have a look at some of the players who might not yet be on your radar:
- BRONX Jay Sran
- A huge part of the BRONX team, Jay opens the batting as well as bowling some genuine spin. In the 5th grade environment, he thrives, generally putting up decent scores & grabbing a few wickets in the process. It could be a good idea to grab him now before his price rises too much.
- DDT Luke Moore
- The Captain of the DDT’s Luke Moore has put up two impressive performances in a row. In the ever volatile T20 leagues, Consistency is Key, so grabbing a strong performer such a Luke could be just what you need (though please note he is away next week)
That is everything from week 3 of fantasy. We hope to announce prizes for the first place performers soon, so we will keep you all posted on that.