Week 6 of fantasy has concluded, and with that, the last two day match we will see for a while. With a tough day at the office for a lot of managers, let’s see how things break down.
Just a reminder that you have one wildcard to use for the season. This will allow you to make unlimited transfers with no point penalty for one week, but be careful! As this will be your team going forward so don’t make your team too good one week, only for it to fall apart the next.
The Top Performers – Players
- CHAMP Will Kennedy – 141 pts
- FOX Christopher Kennedy – 77 pts
- = PREM JJ Naude – 33 pts
= BRONX – Ankit Dhokwal – 33 pts
- FOX Mitch Neutze – 28 pts
- FOX Dave Robertson – 22 pts
Will has done the impossible, with 66% of managers owning him, he has become the most selected player, overtaking Steve McKean at 63%, but it’s easy to see why. With his 2nd century of the season, he is by far and away the highest points earner. FOX Christopher Kennedy follows with a 50 for himself, with a rather lean batting landscape otherwise.
- CHAMP Curtis Millard – 84 pts
- PREM William O’Rourke – 82 pts
- FOX Mike Wheeler – 76 pts
- FOX Steve Twaddell – 46 pts
- LION Gurdit Singh – 35 pts
In a rather tough game for CHAMP, Curtis Millard stood out with 4 wickets & a handy 21 with the bat. He is followed closely by PREM Will O’Rourke 4 wickets & 6 runs with the bat. FOX Mike Wheeler also stood out with 4 wickets but did not get to bat.
- LION Jared Weston – 179 pts
- BRONX Jay Sran – 72 pts
- BRONX Jaswinder Singh – 55 pts
- NWWC Maddie Morrow – 54 pts
- = LION Jaco Huyser – 50 pts
= LION Louis Morris – 50 pts
A career best bowling performance of 7-32 from LION Jared Weston (plus a handy 35 with the bat) gives him the top performance from week 6. Another strong all round performance from BRONX Jay Sran, followed by an astounding 3 wickets for 2 runs off 4 overs, with 3 maidens from NWWC Maddie Morrow in their T20 win.
- LION Cambell Eathorne – 74 pts
- NWWC Isobel Sharp – 48 pts
- PREM Mitchell Hay – 45 pts
- FOX Matt Everest – 36 pts
- BRONX Thomas Sturman – 26 pts
44 runs & 3 catches to LION Cambell Eathorne helps him stay at the top of the keeping points, while a handy 38 runs & 1 catch from NWWC Isobel Sharp has her following behind him. Some handy scores from the rest of the keeping line up help round out the week.
The Weeks Top Performers – Managers
- Gareth Gibson (Cordyline Australis), 617 pts
- Truly the one to beat in the first leg of the fantasy league, Gareth maintains his hold on the top spot with a win in week 6. However this is one of the closer weeks so he has been unable to really build his lead, thanks in part to having a non-started in his team.
- Flint Rogers (Flintstones),563 pts
- Flint keeps his hopes of catching Gareth alive here with a strong second place this week. Carried by the Wills (O’Rourke & Kennedy), some weaker selection decisions keep Flint back in the ranks.
- Dave (Groundsman’s Select XI) – 542 pts
- With Will Kennedy as his Captain for the week, Dave’s squad takes 3rd place for the week. With 2 non-starters for the week, Dave has a clear direction to improve his ranking and climb even higher.
- Cambell Eathorne (Back Problems), 519 pts
- Certainly one hurt by selection issues, Cam managed to take the number 4 stop despite having 3 non-starters. A Strong selection of players otherwise, some transfers need to be made, and some better luck in selection, for Cam to climb higher.
- Curtis Millard (Phillips phirros), 504 pts
- Clearly taking a leaf out of Will’s book, Curtis played triple points on himself for the week, netting him a sweet 252 points from himself alone. With 4 non-starters, it’s easy to imagine some smart transfers could boost Curtis up the rankings.
The Leaderboard – Managers
Week 6 of the Fantasy has the overall scoreboard as follows:
- Gareth Gibson (Cordyline Australis), 3,377 pts (-)
- Will Kennedy (Boots), 3,061 pts (-)
- Luke Moore (Mud Dogs), 3,012 pts (-)
- Flint Rogers (Flintstones), 2,749 pts (+2)
- Tim Scott (Rountree Rumblers), 2,742 pts (-1)
- Carl Huyser (Dominance), 2,671 pts (+3)
- Cambell Eathorne (Back Problems), 2,643 pts (-)
- Tim Bridgeman (tim’s XI), 2,604 pts (-3)
- James Guild-Inder (G-I Joes), 2,471 pts (+1)
- Curtis Millard (Phillips phirros), 2,465 pts (+2)
Players to Watch:
Let’s have a look at some of the players who might not yet be on your radar:
- LION Jared Weston
- Coming off a career best bowling performance, Jared is in fine form but can he continue it through into the T20 season? Amassing 239 pts after just two performances, the bet is he will continue to perform, so its best to get him while he’s cheap, but in the contested all rounder role, who do you swap out?
- NWWC Maddie Morrow
- It’s quite the achievement to bowl one maiden in a T20, let alone 3 of them! Maddie comes off a stunning performance to score her highest points of the season. Valued at $2.9mil, a certain bargain but was it just a flash in the pan? Only time will tell.
That’s everything for week 6 of fantasy. Gareth stays strong at the top of the pack, but there are some wolves at his heels. Can he stretch his lead further, or will a new contender rise up and take the throne?