As January comes to an end, the fantasy race is still as tight as ever. Congratulations to Luke Moore for taking out his 2nds win in a row, are we seeing the rise of a new fantasy leader? Only the coming weeks can tell, but let have a look at the week just gone.
The Top Performers – Players
- PREM JJ Naude – 140 pts
- FOX Steve McKean – 101 pts
- PREM Harsh Visavadiya – 65 pts
- FOX Martin Conway – 56 pts
- DDT Jimi Hunt – 38 pts
A fantastic hundred from JJ secured himself the top performance for the week, while an unbeaten 71 from War Machine gives him his best week so far. Some tidy performances from Harsh & Martin round out the week.
- CHAMP Josh Peake – 121 pts
- FOX Burny Martin – 50 pts
- CHAMP Curtis Millard – 48 pts
- CHAMP Alex McDuff – 48 pts
- DDT Sam Ermerins – 45 pts
Josh leads the week with a valiant 5 wicket haul in a losing effort. Burny Martin is in the top bowlers for all weeks he has played this season & some other CHAMPs bowlers round out a rather one horse race in the bowling stocks.
- PREM Matthew Hay – 115 pts
- FOX Adrian McFedries – 74 pts
- LION Tim Scott – 66 pts
- LION James Guild-Inder – 60 pts
- = LION Tim Bridgman – 48 pts
= LION Jared Weston – 48 pts
Matt puts up another top week with a 50 & 2 wickets to really push himself at the top performer for the entire season. Another great week from McFedries sees him in 2nd place, followed by 4 LIONs players (including Tim Bridgman’s last game for the season)
- NWWC Isobel Sharp – 103 pts
- FOX Matt Everest – 61 pts
- DDT Nick Tinning – 30 pts
- LION Cambell Eathorne – 22 pts
- CHAMP Ben Laughton -17 pts
Proving herself to be the most consistent batter, let alone keeper this season, Isobel records her top score for the season with 83 in a tough loss. Everest falls into 2nd place with a hand 31 runs followed by a rough week for the rest of the keepers.
The Weeks Top Performers – Managers
- Luke Moore (Mud Dogs) – 903 pts
- Luke brings up his second week on top in a row to close the gap between himself and Gareth. With 4 players recording over 100 pts & the rest of his team putting up at least 30 pts, Luke’s team selection seems to be on a trajectory to surpass Gareth.
- Carl Huyser (Dominance) – 879 pts
- A 3rd top 3 finish in a row for Carl, he looks to stay in the running behind Luke & Gareth. Also having 4 100+ players, some lower scores from the rest of his team put him ust behind Luke this week.
- Gareth Gibson (Cordyline Australis) – 855 pts
- Finishing just behind Carl this week, Gareth is still putting out absolutely top teams, but a 0 score from a team member cost him this week. Can he hold onto his lead with Luke & Carl nipping at his heels?
- Josh Peake (Peake) – 780 pts
- Obviously sensing greatness from himself, Josh played triple Captain for himself to record his first top 5 finish of the season. Some lower scores from the rest of his team stop him from climbing higher this week.
- Crashman XI (crashman8) & Rountree Rumblers (Tim Scott) – 705 pts
- Sharing only 5 players (McKean, Kennedy, Peake, Hay & Eathorne), Crashman & Tim manage to both take out 5th spot this week with 705 pts. This helps Tim stay in 6th place overall while Crashman8 looks to climb up from 23rd.
The Leaderboard – Managers
Week 6 of the Fantasy has the overall scoreboard as follows:
- Gareth Gibson (Cordyline Australis), 6,960 pts
- Luke Moore (Mud Dogs), 6,824 pts
- Carl Huyser (Dominance), 6,819 pts
- Will Kennedy (Boooots), 6,031 pts
- Matt Hay (Haybails Hustlers), 5,998 pts
- Tim Scott (Rountree Rumblers), 5,826 pts
- James Guild-Inder (G-I Joes), 5,684 pts
- Flint Rogers (Flintstones), 5,558 pts
- Tim Bridgman (Tim’s XI), 5,427 pts
- Josh Peake (Peake), 5,292 pts
Players to Watch:
Let’s have a look at some of the players who might not yet be on your radar:
- BRONX Sam Sturman
- Strudel has started to hit some strong form in the Broncos, with 2 wickets in each of the 3 weeks since Xmas. Is this the start of a sweet run of form, or will he sour before showing what he is truly capable of?
- FOX Burny Martin
- Burny is back from his knee injury to take the President’s grade by storm. Recording two strong weeks, Burny would only be getting better from here as he gets some form under his belt so it would be smart to get him while he is cheap.
That’s all from the latest week of fantasy. The T20 teams are playing on Friday this week so the transfer window will close at 1pm on Friday the 4th of Feb.