After weeks of rain, cricket was finally able to resume, and with that, Fantasy is back in action! Lets see how things shake out with only 5 weeks left in the season.
The Top Performers – Players
- FOX Grant Dickson – 146 pts
- FOX Martin Conway – 74 pts
- NWWC Nicola Clayton – 65 pts
A strong…. Bowling?? Performance from Grant Dickson puts him at the top of the batsmen for the week with a 50 from Martin & 40 n.o from Nicola to round out the top 3.
- CHAMP Curtis Millard – 72 pts
- BRONX David O’Brien – 72 pts
- CHAMP Scott Kitto – 50 pts
Curtis & David share the top bowling spot for the week, with David securing his first top 3 spot thanks to a strong all round performance. Scott Kitto rounded out a light week for bowlers.
- PREM Alex Tait – 144 pts
- CHAMP Kobe Stackhouse – 73 pts
- LION Tim Scott – 52 pts
LION Jared Weston – 52 pts
An excellent day for Alex Tait, bagging 3 wickets & sitting on 60 n.o out at the close of play. Kobe grabs second place with his first fantasy week as a player with his 4 wickets.
Tim & Jared tie for 3rd place this week with strong all rounder performances.
- LION Cambell Eathorne – 105 pts
- NWWC Isobel Sharp – 69 pts
- PREM Callum Hill – 46 pts
A nice return to form for Cam as he hits an unbeaten 65 (minus one broken bat), with Isobel Sharp storming her way back into the keeping top 3 with 49 n.o (a shame Nicola stole her 50). A strong keeping performance from Callum Hill rounds out the top 3.
The Weeks Top Performers – Managers
- Nicola Clayton (Ball Tamperers) – 503 pts
- Finally, the kings have been dethroned. Nicola brings home her first win of the season, largely carried by herself, Isobel & Alex. A few 0’s hurt her having a stronger week but a great performance.
- Flint Rogers (flintstones) – 503 pts
- Flints first game of the season (after breaking his hand in pre-season) has brought him luck in fantasy. Carried by Grant Dickson & Matthew Hay, lower highs, but a stronger all round team puts him on par with Nicola for this week.
- Gareth Gibson (Cordyline Australis) – 495 pts
- Yet to finish outside the top 5, Gareth keeps himself at the top with a strong all round team. Will Gareth ever have an off week?
- Tim Scott (Rountree Rumblers) – 472 pts
- A decently strong team for Tim this week, but he was held back by a few 0’s due to selection. Sitting overall in 5th, can Tim make the changes to climb higher before the end of the season.
- Carl Huyser – 467 pts
- A good all round team from Carl this week but he lacked that start player to really push his score to higher heights. Sitting in 3rd overall, he is clearly separating his picks from Gareth’s but will that be enough for him to catch up?
The Leaderboard – Managers
Week 6 of the Fantasy has the overall scoreboard as follows:
- Gareth Gibson (Cordyline Australis), 7,435 pts
- Luke Moore (Mud Dogs), 7,263 pts
- Carl Huyser (Dominance), 7,210 pts
- Matt Hay (Haybails Hustlers), 6,307 pts
- Tim Scott (Rountree Rumblers), 6,298 pts
- Will Kennedy (Boooots) 6,243 pts
- James Guild-Inder (G.I Joes) 6,075 pts
- Flint Rogers (Flintstones), 5,885 pts
- Tim Bridgman (tims XI) 5,709 pts
- Cambell Eathorne (Back Problems) 5,632 pts
Players to Watch:
Let’s have a look at some of the players who might not yet be on your radar:
- CHAMP Kobe Stackhouse
- Kobe is new on the scene for Burnside but he is making a splash early on & shaking up the fantasy leader boards. A strong all rounder, you’d better grab him while he is cheap before his price skyrockets & you’re left crying about what could have been.
- BRONX David O’Brien
- A consistent performer when he is available, selection has kept him from really showing off what he can do for the BRONX side. If available, he is well worth the selection but will you take that risk?