A low scoring week as we come down the final stretch, some unusual performers make their way into the top performances of the week.
The Top Performers – Players
- CHAMP Will Kennedy – 123 pts
- PREM Thomas Zohrab – 71 pts
- FOX Steve McKean – 62 pts
War machine strolls his way into the top 3 with a dominant 42 not out to get his fantasy points back on track. Ahead of him are the usual performers of Thomas & Will, the latter of which was back to his best.
- CHAMP Hugo Howard – 93 pts
- CHAMP Curtis MIllard – 73 pts
- LION Lachlan Bartlett – 72 pts
Curtis keeps his strong fantasy performances going with 3 wickets & a not out. Hugo is back to his rearguard best with his 8th n.o of the season to go with his 4 wickets. New LIONS spinner Lachie comes into the top 3 with a n.o & some handy performances in the field and with the ball.
- BRONX Campbell Rose – 85 pts
- LION Jaco Huyser – 72 pts
- LION Jared Weston 65 pts
Campbell scored his first top 3 of the season with 27 n.o to go with 3 wickets. Jaco keeps his strong season going with 4 wickets & 20 with the bat on a tough track. Jared rounds out the top 3 with his 3 wickets & fielding efforts.
- LION Cambell Eathorne – 69 pts
- PREM Callum Hill – 30 pts
- LION FLint Rogers – 21 pts
Cambell is back to the top of the leaderboards with an unlucky 49 & out. A run out & 1 over of bowling give him top spot this week. A light day for the rest of the keepers with Callum & Flint registering regular performances to round out the keeping stocks.
The Weeks Top Performers – Managers
- Cambell Eathorne (Back Problems) – 619 pts
- After weeks outside the top spot, Cam managed to register his first win for the season. No match fixing took place in this week’s results.
- Gareth Gibson – 542 pts
- Extending his lead over the competition, Gareth registers a strong team in a week impacted by COVID, his triple Captain proved clutch in staying ahead of the rest.
- Crashman8 (Crashman XI) – 491 pts
- A team carried by Will Kennedy & Steve McKean, 3 0’s & a negative 20 hold this team back from dominating the league this week.
- Carl Huyser (Dominance) – 491 pts
- Again carried by Will & Steve, but hurt by -40 due to COVID changes, Carl jumps into 2nd place but still just behind Gareth. How close will it be at the end of the season?
- Tim Scott (Rountree Rumblers)
- Another strong team hurt by selection issues (including getting COVID himself), Tim earns our “Bottom of the Top” award for being the most consistent top 5 performer without ever having won a week.
The Leaderboard – Managers
Week 6 of the Fantasy has the overall scoreboard as follows:
- Gareth Gibson (Cordyline Australis), 8,285 pts
- Carl Huyser (Dominance) – 7,912 pts
- Luke Moore (Mud Dogs) – 7,873 pts
- Will Kennedy (Boooots) – 7,014 pts
- Tim Scott (Rountree Rumblers) – 7,011 pts
- Matt Hay (Haybails Hustlers) – 6,734 pts
- James Guild-Inder (G.I Joes) – 6,629 pts
- Curtis Millard (Phillips phirros) – 6,505 pts
- Flint Rogers (Flintstones) – 6,484 pts
- Cambell Eathorne (Back Problems) – 6,440 pts
Players to Watch:
Let’s have a look at some of the players who might not yet be on your radar:
- CHAMP David Zohrab
- Having just moved from Wellington, David is yet to fully make his mark on the Fantasy scene, but a strong pedigree means it’s only a matter of time – but will it be in time for the end of fantasy? Only time will tell.